Hey, I’m Joon.
I’m also Hurricane Joon because of my destructive tendencies.
It stems from a nickname my family gave me as a kid. They called me Thunder. Actually, that was the first line of my college essay.
“They call me Thunder. Not for the thighs (okay, fine, maybe a little), but for my voice. My voice trembled the very souls of my loved ones in our cozy rambler home. You see, I’m not a morning person. Yes, I’ll get out of bed, but I’ll roll out instead, becoming a human alarm in the process. Everyone must know that I, Joon Gloria Yoo, have awoken from my slumber, that the day should fear my arrival, that the world must prepare. Sleep is my solace, and no one dares disrupt me- except for my mom.”
Hurricane Joon came out of a conversation back in October 2014 with a good friend over grilled cheese, truffle fries, and lemonade. I was waiting for the perfect blog name to land in my lap, and my friend was helping me brainstorm. Since Thunder was my childhood nickname, naturally, I grew into Hurricane Joon.
Now, here’s a bit about me.
Who I am:
- List-maker, because I am terrible at paragraphs.
- Baker, because the chemistry between some flour, butter, sugar, eggs, and heat is crazy.
- Student, because I like learning, especially beyond the textbook.
- Builder, because putting things together is my favorite.
What I love:
- Perfectly cooked eggs.
- Laughing until my cheeks hurt… also, laughing at my own jokes.
- Speeds so high that my hair gets tangled.
- Yik Yak.